Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American appeared arms arrived asked beautiful become believe better called Carnagie carried cause church close Company count Delhi duty effect England English entered established European existence eyes feeling followed force four France French give hand head heart hope hundred idea India interest Italy lady land leave less light live look Lord matter means mind morning native nature never night officers once party passed persons poor possessed present reached received regard remained remarkable returned river round rule seemed seen side soon speak springs Susan taken things thought tion town traveller turned village waters whole wish young
296. oldal - Such an act, That blurs the grace and blush of modesty; Calls virtue, hypocrite; takes off the rose From the fair forehead of an innocent love, And sets a blister there"; makes marriage vows As false as dicers...
361. oldal - They that go down to the sea in ships : and occupy their business in great waters ; These men see the works of the LORD : and His wonders in the deep.
378. oldal - The village communities are little republics, having nearly everything that they want within themselves, and almost independent of any foreign relations.
256. oldal - God forbid) gross and systematic oppression, anarchy, and misrule should hereafter at any time prevail within the Oude dominions, such as seriously to endanger the public tranquillity...
443. oldal - ... verge, I peered down into a large rent which had been made from bank to bank of the broad Zambesi and saw that a stream of a thousand yards broad leaped down a hundred feet, and then became suddenly compressed into a space of fifteen or twenty yards. The entire falls are simply a crack made in a hard basaltic rock from the right to the left bank of the Zambesi, and then prolonged from the left bank away through thirty or forty miles of hills.
131. oldal - He is described as deeply sensible to the kindness of Lake, on whom he bestowed several titles, such as " the sword of the state, the hero of the land, the lord of the age, and the victorious in war.
297. oldal - Mark you this, Bassanio, The devil can cite scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek — A goodly apple rotten at the heart : O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath ! Shy.
369. oldal - Son œil mourant t'a vue, en ta superbe joie, Féliciter ton bras et contempler ta proie. Ton regard lui disait: « Va, tyran furieux, Va, cours frayer la route aux tyrans tes complices. Te baigner dans le sang fut tes seules délices; Baigne-toi dans le tien et reconnais des Dieux.
437. oldal - I had been, during a nine weeks' tour, in closer contact with heathenism than I had ever been before ; and though all, including the chief, were as kind and attentive to me as possible, and there was no want of food (oxen being slaughtered daily, sometimes ten at a time, more than sufficient for the wants of all), yet to endure the dancing, roaring, and singing, the jesting, anecdotes, grumbling...