Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according appears attention authority become believe Bishop blessing body called cause character charge Christ Christian Church clergy common Communion consider contains course desire direct divine doctrine duty effect England English existence fact faith feel give given hand head Herat holy hope important interest Italy king labour least less letter light living London look Lord matter means meeting mind minister nature never object observed once opinion parish party pass perhaps persons practice prayer present principles question readers reason received reference regard religion religious remain remarks respect seems sermon side Society speak spirit succession surely things thought tion true truth whole writings
526. oldal - For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth : for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
7. oldal - Dark-heaving; boundless, endless, and sublime — The image of Eternity — the throne Of the Invisible; even from out thy slime The monsters of the deep are made; each zone Obeys thee; thou goest forth, dread, fathomless, alone.
204. oldal - Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds For the ashes of his fathers And the temples of his Gods...
208. oldal - Alone stood brave Horatius, But constant still in mind; Thrice thirty thousand foes before, And the broad flood behind. ' Down with him ! " cried false Sextus, With a smile on his pale face. "Now yield thee," cried Lars Porsena, "Now yield thee to our grace.
428. oldal - ... as if there were sought in knowledge a couch whereupon to rest a searching and restless spirit ; or a terrace for a wandering and variable mind to walk up and down with a fair prospect...
350. oldal - As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, "Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
185. oldal - Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
526. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.