An Abridgement of the Acts of the Parliaments of Scotland: From the Reign of James the First in 1424 to the Union with England in 1707, Including Verbatim All the Acts Now in Force and Use ; with Notes and References, and an Appendix Containing a Chronological Table of the Titles of the Whole Acts and Statutes Passed by the Scottish Parliaments
Black, 1841 - 568 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Act anent Act concerning Act in favours Acts of Parliament advice and consent Advocat alwayes annexed appointed awin Baillies barony befoir benefices Burgh Burrowes Clerk Commission Commissioners commoun Council cumming dayes decerned declared Decreet deputes Earle Erskine Estates of Parliament execution favours of Sir few-ferme fourty grantit gude haill halden hereafter hereby Heretors Hienes Hienesse hundreth infeftment James John Judges Justice Justices of Peace King Kingdom Kingis Kirk lands letters of horning Lieges Lordis Lords of Session maid maist Ministers nixt Officiars ordinar ordour paine PARLIAMENTUM APUD EDINBURGH Paroch Parochin parties payment persons pounds Scots present Parliament priviledges punished quha quhair quhat-sumever quhilk Ratification in favors Ratificatioun Realme Register rent richt saidis sail samin Schireffe Scotland Scots Shire Soveraine Lord statute and ordained Successours suld Teinds thair theirof thereof three Estaites Titulars toun uther Warrand weekly mercat whatsoever yearly fairs zeires
347. oldal - GOD from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass : yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.
347. oldal - Those of mankind that are predestinated unto life, God, before the foundation of the world was laid, according to his eternal and immutable purpose, and the secret counsel and good pleasure of his will, hath chosen in Christ, unto everlasting...
347. oldal - These angels and men, thus predestinated and foreordained, are particularly and unchangeably designed ; and their number is so certain and definite, that it cannot be either increased or diminished.
365. oldal - Worthy receivers, outwardly partaking of the visible elements in this Sacrament, do then also inwardly by faith, really and indeed, yet not carnally and corporally, but spiritually, receive and feed upon Christ crucified, and all benefits of his death: the body and blood of Christ being then not corporally or carnally in, with, or under the bread and wine; yet as really, but spiritually, present to the faith of believers in that ordinance, as the elements themselves are to their outward senses.
365. oldal - To these officers the keys of the kingdom of heaven are committed, by virtue whereof they have power respectively to retain and remit sins, to shut that kingdom against the impenitent, both by the Word and censures; and to open it unto penitent sinners, by the ministry of the gospel, and by absolution from censures, as occasion shall require.
349. oldal - From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.
345. oldal - The whole counsel of God concerning all things necessary for his own glory, man's salvation, faith and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture, or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture; unto which nothing, at any time, is to be added, whether by new revelations of the Spirit or traditions of men.
347. oldal - As God hath appointed the elect unto glory, so hath he, by the eternal and most free purpose of his will, foreordained all the means thereunto. Wherefore they who are elected, being fallen in Adam, are redeemed by Christ ; are effectually called unto faith in Christ, by his Spirit working in due season ; are justified, adopted, sanctified, and kept by his power through faith unto salvation. Neither are any other redeemed by Christ, effectually called, justified, adopted, sanctified, and saved, but...
345. oldal - God ; yet notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and divine authority thereof, is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness by and with the word in our hearts.
429. oldal - That the Court of Session or College of Justice do after the union and notwithstanding thereof remain in all time coming within Scotland as it is now constituted by the laws of that kingdom, and with the same authority and privileges as before the union, subject nevertheless to such regulations for the better administration of justice as shall be made by the Parliament of Great Britain...