Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allow animal answer authority bave believe Bible body called Carlile cause chap character Christ Christian Church common consider death Defendant divine doctrines earth effect equal evidence evil existence fact feel friends Gaol give given hand happiness head heaven Holy human idea ignorant individual Jesus Jews John Judge justice kind knowledge labour land letter live Lord mankind matter means mind moral nature necessary never object observe opinions Paine persecution person pounds present priests principles printed prisoners produce proof prove published question reason received religion Republican respect shew speak spirit suppose sure tell thing thou thousand tion told true truth wbich whole wish write
640. oldal - Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns ; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
624. oldal - Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth : but I say unto you, that ye resist not evil : but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
676. oldal - All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient : all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
615. oldal - Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee ; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way ; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
704. oldal - This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
646. oldal - And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
573. oldal - All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, because the Spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
705. oldal - He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised : and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people ; he hath broken my covenant.
680. oldal - For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper ; and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What ! have ye not houses to eat and to drink in ? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not ? What shall I say to you ? shall I praise you in this ? I praise you not.