A Vindication of the Presbyterian Form of Church-government, as Professed in the Standards of the Church of Scotland; in Reply to the Animadversions of the Ancient and Modern Independents [i.e. William Innes, Greville Ewing and Others]. In a Series of Letters. (Remarks on a View of Social Worship, &c. by James Alexander Haldane.).
A. Aikman for J.T. Smith, 1812 - 308 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Vindication of the Presbyterian Form of Church-Government: As Professed in ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Acts admitted advice affirm allowed Antioch apostles appears applied appointed argument assembly asserted authoritative authority believers body brethren called certainly Christ Christian church commanded common completely congregation consequently consider constitution court decision decrees delivered denote determination distinguished doctrine duty ecclesiastical elders employed entitled equally established evident exercise exist express extraordinary follow former gifts given governors granted honour important Independents individual inspired instance intended Jerusalem Jews judge judgment labour least less Lord matters means meet mentioned merely ministers nature necessary never object observed office-bearers opinion ordained particular passage pastors Paul perform persons plain preach Presbyterians present principles proved question reason received reference remarked represented require respecting rest rule rulers says scripture seems separate signifies similar society speaking superior suppose synagogue Synod teach teachers term thing tion unto vote whole
38. oldal - I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; it is therefore not of the body?
52. oldal - And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write ; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth ; and shutteth, and no man openeth...
67. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican.
211. oldal - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
199. oldal - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
85. oldal - If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods...
140. oldal - Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
218. oldal - And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.