Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
ancient anno appears arms bells Bishop Bridport British Museum called Cambridge century Charles Christian church copy correspondent Court Cowthorpe curious CUTHBERT Bede daughter death derivation died Dublin Duke Earl edition editor Edward Elizabeth England English engraved Faerie Queene father favour France French George give given Greek Harbertonford Henry History honour inscription Ireland Jacob's staff James John Lambert King Knight Knights Hospitallers known labarum Lady late Latin letter London Lord marriage married Mary mentioned Mozarabic North Aston NOTES AND QUERIES notice original Oxford parish passage payd person poem poet portrait possession present Prince printed probably published Queen readers reference reign Richard Robert Royal saint says Scotland Sermon Shakspeare stone Street Thomas tion translation volume wife William William Law word writing
432. oldal - When daisies pied, and violets blue, And lady-smocks all silver white, And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue, Do paint the meadows with delight, The cuckoo then, on every tree, Mocks married men, for thus sings he, Cuckoo ; Cuckoo, cuckoo...
49. oldal - For he who fights and runs away May live to fight another day ; But he who is in battle slain Can never rise and fight again.
34. oldal - Lives through all life, extends through all extent, Spreads undivided, operates unspent ; Breathes in our soul, informs our mortal part, As full, as perfect in a hair as heart ; As full, as perfect in vile man that mourns, As the rapt seraph that adores and burns. To Him no high, no low, no great, no small ; He fills, He bounds, connects and equals all.
305. oldal - And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
264. oldal - Soon shall thy arm, unconquered Steam, afar Drag the slow barge, or drive the rapid car ; Or, on wide-waving wings expanded bear The flying chariot through the fields of air...
330. oldal - Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you : for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.
34. oldal - That changed through all, and yet in all the same, Great in the earth as in the ethereal frame, Warms in the sun, refreshes in the breeze, Glows in the stars, and blossoms in the trees : Lives through all life, extends through all extent, Spreads undivided, operates unspent...
109. oldal - That monster, custom, who all sense doth eat, Of habits devil, is angel yet in this, That to the use of actions fair and good He likewise gives a frock or livery, That aptly is put on.
37. oldal - I care for nobody, no not I, if nobody cares for me.
341. oldal - Not to my wish, but to my want, Do thou thy gifts apply .. Unask'd, what good thou knowest, grant ; What ill, though ask'd, deny.