Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid advantage alcohol appears applied Arts becomes boilers boiling bottom carriages carried centre cold colour common considerable construction containing continued cover Dated described directed distance draw effect employed equal evaporation experiments feet fire fixed force four frame give glass ground half heat horse improved inches invention iron keep leather length less levers light liquid liquor lower machine manner MANUFACTURES materials matters means metal method nature nearly necessary object observed obtained operation pass piece placed plants Plate potatoes pounds prepared present produced proper proportion quantity raised receive reduced render roads rudder salt screws SERIES ship side situated Society solution Specification spring stones substances sufficient surface taken tion trees tube turn vessel weight wheels whole wood
321. oldal - Now Know Ye, that in compliance with the said proviso, I, the said Adolphe Nicole, do hereby declare that the nature of my said Invention, and the manner in which the same is to be performed, are particularly described and ascertained in and by the following statement thereof, reference being had to the Drawing hereunto annexed, and to the figures and letters marked thereon...
33. oldal - roads become dry by evaporation; and where they are exposed to sun and wind, the effects of heat and ventilation are more powerful than any surface drainage that could be accomplished.
14. oldal - ... to mildew or turn black. Where hemp is used in the manufacture, I hackle the same with soft soap and a very small proportion of oil in preference to the entire use of oil, as generally practised; for this preparation lays the fibres as even as oil does, and at the same time counteracts the...
6. oldal - V and X denote the centres thereof; and the line 1 a parallel, and equal to XY, the line of distance of the centres will continue equal and parallel to that line of distance in the positions 2 c, and 3 e, and 4 g, and in all other positions into which the point 1 can be brought during the uniform, equal, and similarly-directed revolutions of the two circles. Thirdly, if a wheel which I shall here call the pitch wheel be constructed, and here denoted by the circle 1, 2, 3, 4, Fig. 1, having four or...
188. oldal - ... it is beneficial to society to second public opinion on such a question, upon grounds which have nothing to do with law, but are derived from universally received principles of justice, within the boundaries of which all law decisions must at no very distant period be circumscribed. The success of an application to the Court of Chancery for an injunction to restrain a pirate, or, in plainer terms, a thief, who deprives another of his property, and deals openly in the stolen wares, never should...
6. oldal - ... the first place my said invention is established upon a mathematical theorem, which may be enumerated in the words here underlined, namely : If two equal rings or circular lines in the same plane, or in planes parallel to each other, be conceived to revolve each upon its respective centre in its own plane, with one and the same uniform velocity, and in the same direction with regard to parts of the rings or lines alike situated, and any point be taken in one of the rings or lines...
74. oldal - To all to whom these presents shall come, &c.: — Now know ye, that in compliance with the said proviso. I, the said John Henry Cassell, do hereby declare that the nature of my invention, and the manner in which the same...
161. oldal - Engravings. From the TRANSACTIONS of the SOCIETY for the Encouragement of ARTS, MANUFACTURES, and COMMERCE. The Silver Medal was voted to Mr.
335. oldal - ... their superfluous produce, he would speedily raise a colony about him ; and as the source which gave it life is connected with our subsistence, and the just necessities of our nature, coeval with our wants, its prosperity must be ensured so long as we continue in the disposition to supply them. In the general complaint of the scarcity of farms, and the high rents which lands at present bear, perhaps no speculation offers stronger inducements to the young farmer, who can command a moderate capital,...