Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Almighty Amen appear attention Boethius Boswell character charity Christ our Lord church considered crime danger death degree desire diligence Divine Dunciad Dunvegan duty easily endeavour equally errour Erse eternal evil favour fear Floretta folly Fort Augustus frequently friends GEORGE STRAHAN give grant Habit heart Hebrides Highlands honour hope human ibid Iliad imagination Inch Kenneth inhabitants inquire Inverness islands Jesus Christ labour laird laws less live Maclean mankind marriage ment merciful Father mind misery nature necessary neglect negligence ness never night observations obtain opinion ourselves pain passions perhaps piety pleasure practice prayer precept pride publick Raasay reason received religion repentance resolutions sacrament sake of Jesus Scotland September 18 soul suffer supposed tacksman Taisch temptations tender mercies Thee things Thou hast thoughts thy Holy Spirit tion truth Ulva vanity viii virtue wickedness
145. oldal - We were now treading that illustrious island, which was once the luminary of the Caledonian regions, whence savage clans and roving barbarians derived the benefits of knowledge, and the blessings of religion. To abstract the mind from all local emotion would be impossible, if it were endeavoured, and would be foolish, if it were possible.
487. oldal - My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: And let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
197. oldal - This opinion, which perhaps prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth : those, that never heard of one another, would not have agreed in a tale which nothing but experience can make credible. That it is doubted by single cavillers, can very little weaken the general evidence ; and some who deny it with their tongues confess it by their fears.
197. oldal - Imlac,) I will not undertake to maintain, against the concurrent and unvaried testimony of all ages, and of all nations. There is no people, rude or learned, among whom apparitions of the dead are not related and believed. This opinion, which prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth...
486. oldal - Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
230. oldal - ALMIGHTY GOD, who seest that we have no power of ourselves to help ourselves ; keep us both outwardly in our bodies, and inwardly in our souls; that we may be defended from all adversities which may happen to the body, and from all evil thoughts which may assault and hurt the soul, through JESUS CHRIST our Lord. Amen.
345. oldal - Riches profit not in the day of wrath : but righteousness delivereth from death.
371. oldal - And he took bread, and • gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body, which is given for you : This do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new Testament in my blood, which is shed for you.