A Comparative View of Christianity: And of the Other Forms of Religion which Have Existed, and Still Exist, in the World, Particularly with Regard to Their Moral Tendency, 1. kötet
W. Tait, 1826
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absurd according acknowledged Acts admitted already apostle appears believe body book of Revelation called cause chap character Christ Christian church completely conduct considered constitution corruption creatures death Deity directed divine doctrine duty earth effect employed established eternal evident exhibited existence expressions fact faculties faith former founded future glory gospel hand happiness hath heart heathen heaven Hence holy human human nature ignorance important influence Jesus Jewish John knowledge Koran latter light Lord mankind manner means mind Mohammed moral nature necessary never notions object observed opinion origin passage perfect person philosophers possessed practice present principles produced punishment pure race rational reason received regard religion religious render respect revelation rites scripture seems sense soul species spirit suffering superstition term things tion true truth ture unto virtue whole wisdom worship
255. oldal - Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
292. oldal - God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
254. oldal - And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven ? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so -come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
255. oldal - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
316. oldal - Jesus: that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts ; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind ; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
240. oldal - And it came to pass, that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: and she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy and blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance...
248. oldal - Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness, to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, IT is WRITTEN, MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.
140. oldal - God, but the doers of the law shall be justified ; for when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves : which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts, the meanwhile, accusing, or else excusing one another;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
99. oldal - The heavens declare the glory of God: And the firmament showeth His handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech: And night unto night showeth knowledge. There is no speech nor language: Where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth: And their words to the end of the world.