Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Address appear Aspland attended believe Bishop body called cause chapel character Christ Christian Church common congregation continued course death Dissenters divine doctrine duty effect England established expressed fact faith Father feeling friends give given gospel hand heart honour hope human important interest Italy Jesus John kind knowledge late learned less letter liberty living look Lord means meeting mind ministers moral nature never object observed occasion opinion party passage passed persons practical preached present principles Protestant question reason received regard religion religious remarks respect Scripture sense sermon shew Society spirit suffered thing thought tion true truth Unitarian views volume whole wish worship writing
630. oldal - These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee; as thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they
225. oldal - a book, until they were finished, that Moses commanded the Levites which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee,
325. oldal - and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the Son of David ? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This man doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought
600. oldal - neither did we eat any man's bread for nought, but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you. Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensamplc unto you to follow us.
325. oldal - And he called them, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan ? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan rise up against
370. oldal - In the worst inn's -worst room, with mat half hung, The floors of plaster and the walls of dung ; On once a flock bed, but repaired with straw, With tape-tied curtains, never meant to draw; The George and Garter dangling from that bed, Where tawdry yellow strove with dirty red, Great Villiers lies,
598. oldal - Simon Peter said unto him. Lord, whither goest thou ? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now ; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
144. oldal - Or do I dream, or have I dreamed till now ? I do not sleep ; I see, I hear, I speak; I smell sweet savours and I feel soft things. Upon my life, I am a lord indeed, And not a tinker, nor Christophero Sly!
683. oldal - old English Preachers, at the end of the seventeenth and the beginning of the eighteenth century. Indeed, those great masters of the Pulpit were favourite authors with Mr. Aspland. Without being their servile imitator, he improved his own compositions by his study of