Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acres administration amounted annual appointed army Austria average births born Britain British budget capital Catholics census cent Chamber chief Church colony commerce companies consists Constitution Consuls cotton Council deaths debt December departments districts divided dollars elected Empire England English established estimated executive expenditure exports females Finance five following table Foreign four France Germany gives Government guns head House Imperial imports increase India Industry inhabitants interest iron Islands Italy January July June King land loans London males March marks married measures military million Minister Ministry navy officers Paris persons population ports Possessions present President Prince Princess principal produce provinces railways Report Representatives republic returns revenue Russia schools Secretary Senate ships shows South square miles Statistical telegraph territory tons towns Trade United Kingdom various vessels vols weights whole
595. oldal - By the same Act the British hundredweight of 112 pounds, and the ton of 2,240 pounds, were abolished, and the hundredweight was declared to be 100 pounds and the ton 2,000 pounds avoirdupois, thus assimilating the weights of Canada and the United States. Statistical and other Books of Reference concerning Canada and British North America. 1. OFFICIAL PUBLICATIONS. Annual Report of the Department of the Interior for the year ended June 30, 1878.
51. oldal - Rigsdag comprises the Landsthing and the Folkething, the former being a Senate or Upper House, and the latter a House of Commons. The Landsthing consists of 66 members. Of these, 12 are nominated for life by the Crown, from among actual or former representatives of the kingdom, and the rest are elected indirectly by the people, for the term of eight years.
336. oldal - The Senate is composed of the princes of the royal house who are of age, and of an unlimited number of members, above forty years old, who are nominated by the King for life; a condition of the nomination being that the person should either...
217. oldal - ... by the Queen's letter naming the person to be elected ; and afterwards the royal assent and confirmation of the appointment is signified under the Great Seal. But this form applies only to the sees of old foundation ; the bishoprics of Gloucester and Bristol, Chester, Peterborough, Oxford, Ripon, and Manchester, are conferred direct by letters patent from the Crown.
511. oldal - January, 1308, by the 3 cantons of Uri, Schwyz, and Unterwald. In 1353 it numbered 8 cantons, and in 1513 it was composed of 13 cantons. This old Confederation, of 13 cantons, was increased by the adherence of several subject territories, and existed till 1798, when it was replaced by the Helvetic Republic, which lasted four years. In 1803, Napoleon I. organised a new Confederation, composed of 19 cantons, by the addition of St. Gall, Graubiinden, Aargau, Thurgau, Tessin, andVaud.
209. oldal - One thousand eight hundred and sixty-eight, be entitled to be registered as a Voter, and, when registered, to vote for a Member or Members to serve in Parliament for a Borough, who is qualified as follows; (that is to say,) 1.
820. oldal - India,' sanctioned August 2, 1858. By the terms of this Act, all the territories heretofore under the government of the East India Company are vested in Her Majesty, and all its powers are exercised in her name ; all territorial and other revenues and all tributes and other payments are likewise received in her name, and disposed of for the purposes of the government of India alone, subject to the provisions of this Act.
480. oldal - Riksact, establishing new fundamental laws on the terms that the union of the two kingdoms be indissoluble and irrevocable, without prejudice, however, to the separate government, constitution, and code of laws of either Sweden or Norway. The law of succession is the same in Sweden and Norway. In case of absolute vacancy of the throne, the two Diets assemble for the election of the future sovereign, and should they not be able to agree upon one person, an equal number of Swedish and Norwegian deputies...
616. oldal - There is, according to the constitution, no power of veto with the President, nor can he dissolve, shorten, or prorogue the sittings of Congress. By the terms of the constitution no citizen can enjoy titular or other distinctions, nor are hereditary rights or privileges of rank and race allowed to exist within the territory of the republic ; but most of the Indians are virtually in bondage.