The States of the River Plate: Their Industries and Commerce. Sheep-farming, Sheep-breeding, Cattle-feeding, and Meat-preserving; Employment of Capital; Land and Stock, and Their Values; Labour and Its Remuneration
Longmans, Green, 1866 - 200 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action advantage agricultural animal Author become beef better blood breeding Buenos Ayres capital cattle causes climate complete condition consequence considerable containing corrales course cross Crown 8vo desirable direct Edition effect elements English Entre Rios equal establishments estancia ewes exist extent farms feeding fleece flesh flocks give given grasses greater ground hand head heat herbage higher History horse Illustrations important improvement increase industry interest lambs land less Maps matter means meat Merino natural plant Plates portion Post 8vo practice present principle probably produce profit proportion province quantity rams result River salt season Second Edition seed selection sheep sheep-farming soil square substances sufficient supply taken Third tillage tion variety vegetable vols Wood Woodcuts wool yield young
11. oldal - Hints on Etiquette and the Usages of Society ; with a Glance at Bad Habits.
4. oldal - LIBRARY EDITION, with all the Original Illustrations, Maps, Landscapes on Steel, Woodcuts, &c. 2 vols. 4to. 48s. INTERMEDIATE EDITION, with a Selection of Maps, Plates, and Woodcuts. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. 31s. Gd. PEOPLE'S EDITION, revised and condensed, with 46 Illustrations and Maps.
200. oldal - Van Der Hoeven's Handbook of ZOOLOGY. Translated from the Second Dutch Edition by the Rev. W. CLARK, MDFRS 2 vols. 8vo. with 24 Plates of Figures, 60s. Professor Owen's Lectures on the Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Invertebrate Animals Second Edition, with 235 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. The Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Vertebrate Animals. By RICHARD OWEN, FRSDCL 3 vols.
11. oldal - Willich's Popular Tables for Ascertaining the Value of Lifehold, Leasehold, and Church Property, Renewal Fines, &c.; the Public Funds; Annual Average Price and Interest on Consols from 1731 to 1861 ; Chemical, Geographical, Astronomical, Trigonometrical Tables, &c.
200. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
4. oldal - A TREATISE on the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture, By J. BOURNE, CE Eighth Edition ; with Portrait, 37 Plates, and 546 Woodcuts. 4to. 42s. CATECHISM of the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture.
6. oldal - Catholic Doctrine of the Atonement. An Historical Inquiry into its Development in the Church, with an Introduction on the Principle of Theological Development. By H.
4. oldal - A Treatise on the Steam Engine, in its various applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways and Agriculture. By J. Bourne, CE With Portrait, 37 Plates, and 546 Woodcuts. 4/0. 42s. Catechism of the Steam Engine, in its various Applications.