Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alps altar amidst ancient appearance architecture ascended bank beautiful Berne bridge building called canton castle Cathedral chain chapel Charlemagne Christ church Cologne colours Council cross displayed distance district of Switzerland Duke edifice elevated favoured feet foot France French Fribourg gallery gardens Geneva glaciers grand ground handsome height hills Holy honour houses inhabitants Italy lake lake of Lucerne lake of Neuchatel leagues less lofty look Lucerne marble Martigny ment Mentz Mettenberg Milan miles Mont Mont Blanc Mont Cenis mountains Neckar noble numerous objects observed ornamented painted passed persons picture picturesque present Prince Protestant religion remarkable render residence respect Rhine ridge river road rocks Roman Catholic ruins Saint Savoy scene scenery sculptured shew side situated spot steep stile stone summit Swiss Switzerland tion tower town trees Turin Valais valley Vaud village Virgin walls whilst wood Yverdun
862. oldal - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
336. oldal - The sky is changed! — and such a change! Oh, night, And storm, and darkness, ye are wondrous strong, Yet, lovely in your strength, as is the light Of a dark eye in woman! Far along, From peak to peak, the rattling crags among Leaps the live thunder! Not from one lone cloud, But every mountain now hath found a tongue, And Jura answers, through her misty shroud, Back to the joyous Alps, who call to her aloud!
858. oldal - I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an Angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
864. oldal - I profess likewise that in the Mass there is offered to God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead ; and that in the most holy Sacrament of the Eucharist there is truly. really, and substantially the Body and Blood, together with the Soul and Divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ...
859. oldal - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
860. oldal - Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind ; neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
861. oldal - Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
749. oldal - Adieu to thee, fair Rhine ! How long delighted The stranger fain would linger on his way ! Thine is a scene alike where souls united Or lonely Contemplation thus might stray; And could the ceaseless vultures cease to prey On self-condemning bosoms, it were here, Where Nature, nor too sombre nor too gay, Wild but not rude, awful yet not austere, Is to the mellow Earth as Autumn to the year.
860. oldal - But be not ye called Rabbi, for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth : for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.