The Whole Works of the Late Rev. Mr. Ebenezer Erskine, Minister of the Gospel at Stirling: Consisting of Sermons and Discourses, on the Most Important and Interesting Subjects : in Three Volumes, 2. kötet
D. Schaw and Company, 1798 - 596 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
againſt angels becauſe believer blood body called carried caſt cauſe Chriſt church comes command conſider covenant David death deſtroy devil doctrine earth enemy eternal everlaſting eyes faith fall Father fear feed firſt flood foundation give given glorious glory God's goſpel grace ground hand hath head hear heart heaven hell hence himſelf holy houſe Iſrael Jeſus keep King kingdom laid land leaning lift light live look Lord thy manifeſted muſt nature never obedience obey peace perſon poor promiſe Pſal ready Redeemer reſt righteouſneſs ſaid ſalvation ſame Satan ſay ſee ſet ſhall ſhould ſin Sirs ſome ſoul ſpeak Spirit ſtand ſtandard ſtrength ſuch tell thee theſe things thou throne true truſt truth turn unto voice whole wilderneſs wrath Zion
119. oldal - Behold, I go forward, but he is not there ; and backward, but I cannot perceive him : on the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him : he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him : but he knoweth the way that I take : when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
189. oldal - Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
425. oldal - Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
291. oldal - Now the Lord is that Spirit : and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, as by the Spirit of the Lord.
469. oldal - For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
53. oldal - For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
453. oldal - And I looked, and there was none to help; And I wondered that there was none to uphold : Therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; And my fury, it upheld me.
261. oldal - ... but Christ being come, an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building ; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.