Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Complete Works: With A Life Of The Author Written By Himself
Laurence Sterne,David Herbert
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
able added affair answered appear beginning better betwixt body brother brought called carried cause CHAPTER character child consider continued Corporal cried dear door effect eyes face father follows gave give given ground half hand happened head heart Heaven hold Honour idea imagination Italy kind least leave live look madam manner matter means mind mother nature never night nose once opinion pass poor present quoth quoth my uncle reader reason replied rest Shandy short side Slop soul speak spirit stand story taken tell thee thing thou thought tion told took traveller Trim true truth turn twas uncle Toby uncle Toby's whole wish write Yorick
312. oldal - A certain man had two sons : and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me.
371. oldal - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
325. oldal - But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room ; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
262. oldal - And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
253. oldal - Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do : and behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
262. oldal - And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man, and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing, shall surely die. And he shall restore the Lamb four-fold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
232. oldal - Tis thou, thrice sweet and gracious goddess, addressing myself to Liberty, whom all in public or in private worship, whose taste is grateful, and ever will be so, till Nature herself shall change. No tint of words can spot thy snowy mantle, or...
138. oldal - Scripture," said my uncle Toby ; " and I will show it thee to-morrow. In the mean time we may depend upon it, Trim, for our comfort," said my uncle Toby, " that God Almighty is so good and just a governor of the world, that if we have but done our duties in it, it will never be inquired into whether we have done them in a red coat or a black one.
319. oldal - Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age : and he made him a coat of many colours.
358. oldal - And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth : and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.