Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abercrombie action Africa American Revolution Amherst army artillery Assembly bateaux beautiful became poor blessed Board brethren called Canada Carillon centre century Champlain Christian ministry command congregation Crown Point death Divine Dry up thy duty earnest earth England English Ethan Allen Ethiopia expedition favour feast of ingathering feel fruit George Patterson give glory God's grace of Christ hath heart heaven holy honour hope Independence Hall intrenchments Judicatories labours Lake Champlain Lake George land Languedoc Liberia Lord Jesus Christ Lower Falls ment military minds ministers Minor Prophets Montcalm moral Mount Defiance Old French pastor peace position possession poverty Presbyterian Church PRESBYTERIAN MAGAZINE present Professors protest regiments rejoice religious resolution rich Royal Rousillon season seed slavery soldiers sorrows soul sowing spiritual Synod tears temporal Theological Seminary things thou thoughts Ticonderoga tion victory voluntary Weep William Henry year's end York
555. oldal - HIGHER, higher will we climb Up the mount of glory, That our names may live through time In our country's story ; Happy, when her welfare calls, He who conquers, he who falls. Deeper, deeper let us toil In the mines of knowledge ; Nature's wealth and learning's spoil Win from school and college ; Delve we there for richer gems Than the stars of diadems.
569. oldal - A shelter for the hunted head, For the starved laborer toil and bread. Power, at thy bounds, Stops and calls back his baffled hounds.
577. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
536. oldal - Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who though he was rich, yet for our sakes became poor, that we through his poverty might be made rich
532. oldal - The command is not less binding now, to "honour the Lord with our substance, and with the first-fruits of all our increase.
556. oldal - Close and closer then we knit Hearts and hands together, Where our fire-side comforts sit In the wildest weather : Oh ! they wander wide, who roam, For the joys of life, from home. Nearer, dearer bands of love Draw our souls in union, To our Father's house above, To the saints' communion ; Thither every hope ascend, There may all our labours end.
529. oldal - All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
549. oldal - Resolved, That the Constitution of the Presbyterian Theological Seminary of the Northwest be and is hereby so amended that the direction of the said Seminary — the right to determine the number of Directors and Professors, and to appoint the same, and all the powers which have heretofore been vested in the Synods, shall be and hereby are transferred to and vested in the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the United States, provided that this direction be accepted by the Assembly.
535. oldal - Jesus ; who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God ; but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of man : and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.