Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Africa American army Assembly beautiful became become believe better blessed Board called Canada cause century Christ Christian Church claims close coming command death duty earth effected England English expressed faith fall feast feel fort French fruit give glory grace hands heart heaven hope hundred important increase influence ingathering interest Jesus labours Lake land Languedoc lines living look Lord marched meeting ment military minds ministers ministry moral natural never Northwest NOTE offered organization parties passed pastor peace poor position possession poverty preparation Presbyterian present Professors progress proper protest Providence reference religious resolution result rich season seed Seminary soul spirit spiritual sure Synod Theological Seminary things thoughts Ticonderoga tion true voluntary year's end York
555. oldal - HIGHER, higher will we climb Up the mount of glory, That our names may live through time In our country's story ; Happy, when her welfare calls, He who conquers, he who falls. Deeper, deeper let us toil In the mines of knowledge ; Nature's wealth and learning's spoil Win from school and college ; Delve we there for richer gems Than the stars of diadems.
569. oldal - A shelter for the hunted head, For the starved laborer toil and bread. Power, at thy bounds, Stops and calls back his baffled hounds.
536. oldal - Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who though he was rich, yet for our sakes became poor, that we through his poverty might be made rich
532. oldal - The command is not less binding now, to "honour the Lord with our substance, and with the first-fruits of all our increase.
556. oldal - Close and closer then we knit Hearts and hands together, Where our fire-side comforts sit In the wildest weather : Oh ! they wander wide, who roam, For the joys of life, from home. Nearer, dearer bands of love Draw our souls in union, To our Father's house above, To the saints' communion ; Thither every hope ascend, There may all our labours end.
529. oldal - All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
549. oldal - Resolved, That the Constitution of the Presbyterian Theological Seminary of the Northwest be and is hereby so amended that the direction of the said Seminary — the right to determine the number of Directors and Professors, and to appoint the same, and all the powers which have heretofore been vested in the Synods, shall be and hereby are transferred to and vested in the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the United States, provided that this direction be accepted by the Assembly.
535. oldal - Jesus ; who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God ; but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of man : and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.