Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American amount appear attempt authority average become better British building called carried cause cent civilization commerce Commission considered constitutional continued cost Court Cubans duty effect election England equal established Europe existing fact force foreign France give given gold greater Greek hand House hundred important increase industrial interest islands Italy labor land less manufacturing matter means miles nature never officer operation organization passed persons political population ports possession possible practical present President production protection question rates reason received recent regard remains Representatives result river Russia secure seems Senate ships silver success sugar supply things tion trade United University vessels vote whole women York
387. oldal - I have of late — but wherefore I know not — lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.
112. oldal - And any compulsory discovery by extorting the party's oath, or compelling the production of his private books and papers, to convict him of crime, or to forfeit his property, is contrary to the principles of a free government. It is abhorrent to the instincts of an Englishman; it is abhorrent to the instincts of an American. It may suit the purposes of despotic power; but it cannot abide the pure atmosphere of political liberty and personal freedom.
166. oldal - States, or which being the production or manufacture of any foreign country not contiguous to the United States, shall come into the United States from such contiguous country...
166. oldal - States from such contiguous country; but this discriminating duty shall not apply to goods, wares, or merchandise which shall be imported in vessels not of the United States...
428. oldal - SUMER is icumen in, Lhude sing cuccu ! Groweth sed, and bloweth med, And springth the wude nu...
618. oldal - Who, too deep for his hearers, still went on refining, And thought of convincing, while they thought of dining ; Though equal to all things, for all things unfit ; Too nice for a statesman, too proud for a wit, For a patriot too cool, for a drudge disobedient, And too fond of the right to pursue the expedient.
495. oldal - Europe as being, for intellectual and spiritual purposes, one great confederation, bound to a joint action and working to a common result ; and whose members have, for their proper outfit, a knowledge of Greek, Roman, and Eastern antiquity, and of one another.
448. oldal - ... order facts were disclosed respecting the conduct of the officers of Spain in authority there in encouraging the war, furnishing munitions of war and other supplies to carry it on, and in other acts not less marked which evinced their participation in the hostile purposes of that combination and justified the confidence with which it inspired the savages that by those officers they would be protected. A conduct so incompatible with the friendly relations existing between the two countries, particularly...
166. oldal - That a discriminating duty of ten per centum ad valorem, in addition to the duties imposed by law, shall be levied, collected, and paid on all goods, wares, or merchandise which shall be imported in vessels not of the United States...
168. oldal - We favor restoring the early American policy of discriminating duties for the upbuilding of our merchant marine and the protection of our shipping in the foreign carrying trade, so that American ships — the product of American labor, employed in American ship yards, sailing under the Stars and Stripes, and manned, officered and owned by Americans — may regain the carrying of our foreign commerce.