Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afford amount annual appeared application arithmetic arrangements assistance attendance boys building character child Church Committee Committee of Council common condition conducted considerable containing County course dame-schools desirable direction district Ditto duties elementary employed endowed erection establishment estimate examination exercise feet girls give given grant improvement inches increase Infant instruction intelligence interest knowledge labour land lessons Lords manner March master means method mining mistress monitor months moral National School natural necessary object obtain opened parents parish Parochial School period persons population practice present principles pupils questions receive religious Report respect Schoolmasters singing Society stone sufficient Sunday Sunday-school superintendence taught teachers teaching tion towns Trustees various visited walls week whole writing
445. oldal - A strange fish! Were I in England now, as once I was, and had but this fish painted, not a holiday fool there but would give a piece of silver. There would this monster make a man. Any strange beast there makes a man. When they will not give a doit to relieve a lame beggar, they will lay out ten to see a dead Indian. Legg'd like a man! and his fins like arms! Warm, o
460. oldal - ... person or no such person able and willing to act, then the surviving or continuing trustees or trustee for the time being, or the personal representatives of the last surviving or continuing trustee, may, by writing appoint another person or other persons to be a trustee or trustees in the place of the trustee dead, remaining out of the United Kingdom, desiring to be discharged, refusing, or being unfit or being incapable, as aforesaid.
455. oldal - I call therefore a complete and generous education, that which fits a man to perform justly, skilfully, and magnanimously all the offices, both private and public, of peace and war.
467. oldal - ... shall with all convenient speed be conveyed, assigned, and transferred so that the same may be legally and effectually vested in such new trustee or trustees, either solely, or jointly with the surviving or continuing trustees or trustee, as the case may require...
238. oldal - The better educated workmen, we find, are distinguished by superior moral habits in every respect. In the first place, they are entirely sober; they are discreet in their enjoyments, which are of a more rational and refined kind ; they have a taste for much better society, which they approach respectfully, and consequently find much readier admittance to it; they cultivate music; they read; they enjoy the pleasures of scenery, and make parties for excursions into the country; they are economical,...
32. oldal - Jews' teeth in a baronial dungeon, but the principle that ' property has its duties as well as its rights,' and that the master of the soil should stand...
77. oldal - Provided also, that no parochial property shall be granted for such purposes without the consent of a majority of the rate-payers and owners of property in the parish to which the same belongs, assembled at a meeting to be convened according to the mode pointed out in the act passed in the sixth year of the reign of his late Majesty, intituled " An Act to facilitate the Conveyance of Workhouses and other Property of Parishes and of incorporations or Unions of Parishes in England and Wales...
82. oldal - ... an Act passed in the second year of the reign of Her present Majesty, intituled An Act to facilitate the Recovery of Possession of Tenements after due determination of the Tenancy.
77. oldal - ... by an Act passed in the seventh year of the reign of his late Majesty George the Fourth, intituled " An Act to authorize the Disposal of unnecessary Prisons in England.