Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according answer appear arms army authority body brought called carried cause church command common concerned consent consider constitution continued court crown death desire Duke employed enemy England English estates fear force four France French give given hands hath head Henry honour hope hundred interest Italy judge justice keep king king's kingdom land late least leave less letters liberty limited live Lord majesty manner matter means monarchy nature necessary never oath observed occasion officers parliament particular peace person pounds present prince Protestant prove publick queen reason received religion resistance secure sent shew shillings ship side succession suffer taken thing third thought thousand trade true waters whole
248. oldal - Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks : walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand ; ye shall lie down in sorrow.
31. oldal - Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy Holy Spirit from me.
371. oldal - That king James the Second, having endeavoured to subvert the Constitution of the Kingdom, by breaking the original Contract between king and people, and, by the advice of Jesuits, and other wicked persons, having violated the fundamental Laws, and having withdrawn himself out of the Kingdom, has abdicated the Government, and that the Throne is thereby become vacant.
300. oldal - And he took the rulers over hundreds, and the captains, and the guard, and all the people of the land ; and they brought down the king from the house of the Lord, and came by the way of the gate of the guard to the king's house. And he sat on the throne of the kings. " And all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was in quiet: and they slew Athaliah with the sword beside the king's house.
33. oldal - Can we hear our Lord saying to us, " This is my command, That ye love one another, as I have loved you ; " and, " Hereby shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye love one another...
163. oldal - After this, I spoke severally to two of the best * bishops we have in England, who both to!d me there were many things in the Roman church, which, it were, very much to be wished we had kept ; as confession, which was, no doubt, commanded by God : that praying for the dead was one of the ancient things in Christianity : that, for their parts, they did it daily, though they would not own it...
221. oldal - I hope the great advantage I enjoy under your majesty, which I can never expect in any other change of government, may reasonably convince your majesty and the world that I am actuated by a higher principle, when I offer that violence to my inclination and interest, as to desert your majesty...
199. oldal - Persecutions. For in the former, the most eminent and spiritual Ministers and Christians did generally suffer most, and were most violently fallen upon, but in this last Persecution these shall be preserved by God as a Seed to...
263. oldal - England ; or that the queen's majesty, with and by the authority of parliament, is not able to make laws and statutes of sufficient force and validity, to limit and bind the crown of this realm, and the descent, limitation, inheritance, and government thereof...