Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admire affectionate amongst amusing anxious asked Author believe BRITISH COLUMBIA Charles Mathews child Clavering cold course dear Norah desolate Ellen Willand England excited eyes fancy fear feel felt Gerald Mervyn girl Glens gone Gracie Guatemala hand happy HARRY HIEOVER heard heart hope husband interest John Arnold Katherine Katherine's kind knew laudanum least letter live look Madame Guillemar's mamma marriage married Maurice mind Miniver miserable Miss Jane morning mother nature Nelly never night Norah Kennedy novel once pale Paris perhaps poor Ellen post 8vo present price 1 lis price 21s QUADRUPEDS quiet replied rheumatic fever scarcely Scotland seemed soon spirit spoke strange suffering sure Sydney's sympathy talk tears tell thing thought told voice walk wife Wilmot wish woman word write young lady
283. oldal - A work which every owner of a horse will do well to consult." — Morning Herald. " Every man who is about purchasing a horse, whether it be hunter, riding horse, lady's palfrey, or cart horse, will do well to make himself acquainted with the contents of this book.
285. oldal - We may, with perfect truth affirm, that during the last fifty years there has been no book of such peculiar interest to the literary and political world. It has contributions from every person of literary reputation — Byron, Sir E. Bulwer, who contributes an original Poem) James, D'Israeli, Marryatt, Savage Landor, Campbell, LEL, the Smiths, Shelley, Jenkyn, Sir W.
238. oldal - Hast thou not procured this unto thyself, in that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, when he led thee by the way?
235. oldal - Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
283. oldal - When Harry Hieover gives hints to Horsemen, he does not mean by that term riders exclusively, but owners, breeders, buyers, sellers, and admirers of horses. To teach such men how to make money is to impart no valueless instruction to a large class of mankind. The advice is frankly given, and if no benefit result, it will not be for the want of good counsel.
287. oldal - The life of the Poet which has just appeared, and which was much required, is written with much beauty of expression and clearness of purpose. Mr. Middleton's book is a masterly performance." — Somerset Gazette. "Mr. Middleton has displayed great ability in following the poet through all the mazes of his life and thoughts. We recommend the work as lively, animated and interesting. It contains many curious disclosures.
279. oldal - In 2 Vols., price 21s. THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OF A DRAMATIC AUTHOR'S LIFE, By EDWARD FITZBALL, Esq. "We scarcely remember any biography so replete with anecdotes of the most agreeable description. Everybody in the theatrical world and a great many out of it, figure in these pleasing volumes.
276. oldal - In 1 vol., price 2s. 6d. DRAWINGROOM CHARADES FOR ACTING. By C. WARREN ADAMS, EsQ. " A valuable addition to Christmas diversions. It consists of a number of well-constructed scenes for charades.