Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according American appear become believe bishops body Bossuet called Catholic cause century character Christ Christian Church Conference course divine doctrine early England English Episcopal existence expression fact faith Father feeling give given Greek hand heart Holy hope human idea important influence interest Italy labor language learned letter light living Lord means meeting Methodism Methodist mind minister moral nature never object opinion organization original passed period political position practical prayer preached preachers present principles Protestant question reason reference regard relation religion religious result REVIEW Roman says Scriptures society soul South Southern spirit success theology theory things thought tion true truth United volume whole writer York
40. oldal - And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
237. oldal - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
585. oldal - Yet be it less or more, or soon or slow, It shall be still in strictest measure even To that same lot, however mean or high, Toward which Time leads me, and the will of Heaven ; All is, if I have grace to use it so, As ever in my great Task-Master's eye.
573. oldal - As one who, long in populous city pent, Where houses thick and sewers annoy the air, Forth issuing on a summer's morn, to breathe Among the pleasant villages and farms Adjoin'd, from each thing met conceives delight ; The smell of grain, or tedded grass, or kine, Or dairy, each rural sight, each rural sound...
183. oldal - I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, who spake by the Prophets.
38. oldal - And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind ? have not I the LORD 1 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
386. oldal - All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother — blessings on her memory!
250. oldal - And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
127. oldal - LET a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
228. oldal - Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers : who have received the law by the disposition of Angels, and have not kept it.