Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adventurers America Andros appointed arbitrary assembly authority body BOOK Boston British Brownists Captain Chalmers CHAP character Charles charter christian church church of England civil colonists colony commissioners conduct Connecticut constitution Cotton Mather council countrymen court crown declared deputies divine doctrines dominion ecclesiastical emigrants endeavoured England English entertained established excited execution exercise exertions favour governor Hampshire history of Virginia honour hostilities human Hutchinson Indians influence inhabitants institutions king labour land liberty Long Parliament Lord Massachusetts Mather ment minds ministers Neal Newhaven obtained parliament party patent persecution persons Phipps piety plantations planters Plymouth Plymouth company political prevailed principles proceedings produced promoted provincial punished puritans quakers quo warranto received regarded reign religious rendered respect Rhode Island royal savages seemed sentiments settlement Sir William Berkeley Sir William Phipps slaves Smith sovereign spirit Stith territory tion tribes vessels Virginia virtue voyage witchcraft
439. oldal - Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought...
188. oldal - Remember that, and every other article of your sacred covenant. But I must herewithal exhort you to take heed what you receive as truth; examine it, consider it, and compare it with other scriptures of truth, before you receive it; for it is not possible the Christian world should come so lately out of such thick antichristian darkness, and that perfection of knowledge should break forth at once.
187. oldal - I charge you, before God and his blessed angels, that you follow me no farther than you have seen me follow the Lord Jesus Christ. " If God reveal anything to you, by any other instrument of his, be as ready to receive it as ever you were to receive any truth by my ministry ; for I am verily persuaded the Lord has more truth yet to break forth out of his holy Word.
300. oldal - For the last Man you put to Death, here are five come in his Room. And if you have Power to take my Life from me, God can raise up the same Principle of Life in ten of his Servants, and send them among you in my Room, that you may have Torment upon Torment, which is your Portion : For there is no Peace to the Wicked, saith my God.
187. oldal - If God reveal any thing to you, by any other instrument ^ of his, be as ready to receive it as ever you were to receive any truth by my ministry; for I am verily persuaded, I am very confident, the Lord has more truth yet to break forth out of his holy word.
187. oldal - Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.
440. oldal - And the Lord showed me, that such as were faithful to him, in the power and light of Christ, should come up into that state in which Adam was before he fell; in which the admirable works of the creation, and the virtues thereof may be known, through the openings of that divine word of wisdom and power by which they were made.
270. oldal - ... t is the grand enemy of truth and peace, and all the ordinances of God are bent against it. But there is a civil, a moral, a federal liberty, which is the proper end and object of authority; it is a liberty for that only which is just and good ; for this liberty you are to stand with...
258. oldal - Flaistowe, for stealing four baskets of corn from the Indians, is ordered to return them eight baskets, to be fined five pounds, and hereafter to be called by the name of Josias, and not Mr., as formerly he used to be.* Captain Stone, for abusing Mr.