Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able answer appears attention believe Bible body called Catholic cause character Christ Christian church common congregation consider continued death Dissenters divine doctrine duty effect England established expected express faith Father feel friends give given hand holy honour hope human important interest Jesus justice knowledge language late learned less letter liberal liberty live Lord manner means meeting ment mind minister moral nature never object observed occasion opinion party passage peace persons preached present principles Protestant question readers reason received religion religious respect scriptures sect sense sentiments society spirit suffer taken thing thought tion true truth Unitarian whole wish worship writer
101. oldal - And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews. Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead...
514. oldal - By Heaven ! it is a splendid sight to see ( For one who hath no friend, no brother there) Their rival scarfs of mix'd embroidery, Their various arms that glitter in the air ! What gallant war-hounds rouse them from their lair, And gnash their fangs, loud yelling for the prey ! All join the chase, but few the triumph share ; The Grave shall bear the chiefest prize away, And Havoc scarce for joy can number their array.
328. oldal - I, AB, do swear, That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, That princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever.
327. oldal - Justices at the next General or Quarter Sessions of the Peace to be held for the County...
101. oldal - And straightway one of them ran, and took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
102. oldal - But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him ; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
330. oldal - that no congregation or assembly for religious worship shall be permitted or allowed by " this Act, until the place of such meeting shall be certified to the bishop of the diocese, " or to the archdeacon of that archdeaconry, or to the justices of the peace at the general
578. oldal - ... an act, made in the first year of the reign of king William and queen Mary, intituled, An Act for exempting their Majesties' Protestant Subjects, dissenting from the Church of England, from the Penalties of certain Laws...